·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Salto paddlers:

First off my specs:
6'2" 200 lbs

I just picked up a "new" creeker
Found a deal on salto but can't find any specs online due to their bust I would imagine. This is the two tone model without center pillar. Curious about other salto paddlers weight ranges and overall thoughts on the boat

Happy paddling

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
I found it just a little bit small at about your specs. I do recall some bigger people paddling it but smaller guys loved it. If your knees are comfy, you should
Be fine with the volume.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,
Thanks for the input. I've managed to find conflicting info online. Don't see too many folks paddling Eskimo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Jared
733 Posts
One of my paddling buddies runs one all of the time. He has been an Eskimo fan for a long time, he took a Topolino down the Grand Canyon in 1995. He still has it, and a Topo Duo. He is 56 years old, and about 160 lbs, 6 feet even. He uses it for typical NW class III- IV, not really a Class V boater. Has been in use for a while now, the hulls never seem to have a problem for him. Hope this helps a little. We just finished a weekend on the Tieton in Washington with it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think the Salto is great for smaller paddlers. I'm 5'4" and 115 lbs. After my 3rd micro 230 cracked, I was creekerless for a few years until I scored an older Salto.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I paddled one for a few years when I was back east and paddling for Eskimo. I am 6'3" and 200lbs, I ended up making a custom foot block for it instead of the bulkhead plate. I beat the snot out of that boat and the guy that bought it is still paddling it to this day

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts