Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what do you guys think about the Eskimo Salto as a steep creek boat? I am about 135 pounds and 5'8". I would be paddling mostly low volume creeks with the occasional big water, and want to be able to carry enough gear for a couple of days. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good Boat

My wife loves her Salto. She uses it for anything she isn't willing to take a play boat down which is mostly low volume creeks. She has also used it in big water however. She's about 135 lbs and 5' 7". :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Watch out for the new ones with the two tone color. They are splitting at the seam. Make sure they have that corrected or get an older one.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Look on the inside of the newer saltos. The ones that are one solid color (orange) on the inside should be good to go. Eskimo will warranty any boats that split on the seam.

·
Registered
709 Posts
blutzski said:
Watch out for the new ones with the two tone color. They are splitting at the seam. Make sure they have that corrected or get an older one.

There was a large batch that went out almost 2 years ago that had some serious issues. These were not the two-toned saltos. If they are still around and in one piece I would be suprised. All the team boaters that I knew back east broke them within a few weeks and did so in several places. One of them had I think 5 cracks on the seams and it was ducktaped all together. He couldn't get a salto for months so he got a Jefe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts