Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We ran Escalante today. I would say it is on the mid to high range of low. The fin at 57 was exposed, but had a roostertail forming over it. We ran everthing except rib-ripper and the falls. Everthing is clean, but there is debris and logs randomly throughout the section. Scout the major drops. We moved several river wide logs out of the river and up onto higher ground. There was a river wide below the falls that we moved, and a few scattered 2-4 foot pieces scattered between the falls and magnetic wall. Keep an eye on the boulder section in that area if the logs move and get jammed in that area. There is still snow visible up high at the putin, so more good flows could be coming. Pray for more snow, prelong the season.

Josh

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey Josh, thanks for the update. Sorry I never got that video to you, but it got to ashville, NC before I could get my hands on it. Thanks for the update too.
Hey Joe, check your PM.
Juanny

·
Registered
790 Posts
Joe-
I think I'll be there friday. we should meet up, paddle and shuttle. we'll have only 1 car.

C

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This is going to create some serious havoc in my life, but I'm in. John and Co, what time are you planning on starting? I will probably not come down until that morning and may want to run it later. Alex, Chris what's your plans?
Joe

·
Registered
805 Posts
Joe Mank - I might be in to rally wit you. Thursday is going to be a late night in FC but... if it is really running (as in flowing over the fin) then I'm game. Gives me shout.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We are planning to get on the water early enough friday to get a couple laps in and back to Dtown by 6:30pm. So as early as a hangover will let us.
970-946-3746
Johnny

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn I hate you guys. I'll be outa town the rest of the week and in denver for the next 3. Cracked my Y yesterday though, so I need a new boat before I can creek again. Have fun.

Joe, I'm back in Estes this summer 1st of May - sept, let me know for boating.

Johnny - Embudo or upper T box in late may or early june?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Two from summit will be camping thursday night to get the goods friday and saturday. Joe and Meng what up. Look forward to boating with ya. Talk to ya friday. Kyle

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I may be able to hit a run on Friday, but would be enroute to Durango.

In other news, Johnny... would you be game for a Baker's Box run on Sunday? Anyone else? I could use someone to paddle with, and a guide for the current hike-in route.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Any word on recent flows/predictions for Friday/Sat.

Thanks,

Steve.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey kyle, Looks like I am going to be working sunday. 80% chance. I am sure that someone down here will be ready to go. EP said its clear, so...
Esca should be good, Hope to see you tomorrow. Johnny

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kyle,
If there is enough water I would go in there with you on Sunday. Looks like it may be a bit cool around here the next couple of days which may keep it on the low low side. Don't think I have your number anymore but if you are in the area PM me with a number and Ill give you a call back to figure something out.
W

·
Registered
374 Posts
Warren if you head in let me know when. I may be able to swing Sunday (if it is low enough).

STeve.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Saturday runs

Hey Kyle or Joe,
If you guys get a run in on Friday, let me know how things are looking.
Glen, I'll be doing a Saturday run for sure, and possibly camping Saturday for some Sunday laps too. Let me know if you're interested.
Chris Mo

1 - 18 of 18 Posts