Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up traveling back from Aspen to Durango on Tues and camped out at the Gorge in Esca Canyon for the night. I checked levels at about 7am before heading out, so not the peak time for runoff (3-5pm). But the take home is:

- NOT running.
- 57 had a bout 3 inches of water flowing on the right side of the fin. The fin itself was almost entirely exposed down to riverbed (3+ feet of fin showing).
- Ecsa Falls was, as usual, almost dry except for the top right death pot hole line and some water spilling down the mank slot-to-pin on the far left. The entry to the normal line in the middle was dry by about 1.5+ feet.

My phone died searching for service overnight. Sorry, no pics.
This update wasn't what I had hoped to post. Temps had been 70-75+ degrees in Delta and hoped to see more water in there. But if temps get up to 80++++++--- (that was a MIlo joke) we should have a runnable window in the next couple weeks?

BTW, the new Montrose play park was: front surfable and low (200-250cfs?) Looks good for the future though. All the waves had a flat planar concrete ramp (M-wave style, less angle) that formed the flow into holes at the bottom. The features were definitely backed up and pressurized by solid pools with good eddys. Definitely hitting ends when initiating vertical moves except for the second to last feature. It's worth a stop when the flow comes up.

BTW 2, anybody got a LL Stomper 90 or Squirrel 85 to sell? PM me please. I cracked my shell.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
846 Posts
I doubt it will run at all this year. Columbine pass only has 2.3 inches of SWE and is 14% of average right now.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I really want to make to rally from Salida sometime middle this week or next. It's a long drive though with no beta, so if anyone can get a visual and maybe post a photo that would be amazing!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
It sure seems far fetched given the incredibly lackluster snowpack out there, but if you check it out, please let us know.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Has anyone gotten eyes- on lately? And does anyone have a prediction on when/if it will go? It seems that with the last storm adding a bit to the snow pack at the headwaters, and the current storm occurring now, it may have a chance of running.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Has anyone gotten eyes- on lately? And does anyone have a prediction on when/if it will go? It seems that with the last storm adding a bit to the snow pack at the headwaters, and the current storm occurring now, it may have a chance of running.

You mean the rain on the dry dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I'll be headed to Aspen tomorrow. I'll stop by the confluence/ranch bridge and check to see if there is anything. May not have anything for ya till tomorrow night or Saturday morn.

My guess is: Not-So-Much

I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not running, today or probably at all this season. Wish I had better news.
Confluence bridge pic ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1431102894.291489.jpg

·
Registered
820 Posts
1500 difference between delta and grand junction and the rain keeps coming. Any grand junction/Montrose boaters who could take a look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts