Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo Desert Creekers, It's a go! Just stopped by to look. Looks like tons of folks have been running it this weekend. If it stays a bit warm in the evenings it should be running for a couple of weeks anyway.

It was at the low side of medium when I looked today. The word is that it was higher Saturday, but probably because of the local rain. Sounds like the falls was giving people (who ran it) at lot of trouble. Might still be too low for good clean falls lines.

I will be running tomorrow and will report again.

Tom "old, fat and slow" Chamberlain

·
Registered
709 Posts
Since Saturday morning our crew from the front range did 3 runs. It has dropped atleast 6 inches up top in those hours and is getting boney as hell above the gorge.

There needs to be more water for the falls.

Check back for pictures in a bit..

Scott

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Tom, we missed you. We needed the local legend to guide us through.

Everything was good to go on Escalante. Saturday morning was definetly the best level, just over medium flow. Two runs on the falls that day, one that didn't make the cut to the right resulting in a sweet piton to 180 to switch boof combo, and one that barely made it.

Second run was lower and subsequently much easier paddling. Today the river was substantially lower, probably about 3 inches lower in the gorged sections.

Good weekend overall. Tons of paddlers fired it up. Glad to see everyone getting after it early.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here are a couple pics from the weekend to help with a visual on flows:

Leap of Faith - RiverWrangler

Double Drop - Cutch

57 Chevy - Force

Magnetic Wall - Frenchy

Cutch, RiverWrangler & friend

All photos by Peaches :p

·
Registered
709 Posts
All photos by Peaches :p[/quote]

'

hell yeh! Thx for putting them up Frenchy.

Boys, if you want the sequences send me your emails and I'll hook you up.

-Peaches

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hell Yeah! It's a go on Escalante.

Ran it 3 times this weekend. Top gorge is bone zone, and you're scrapin' the whole time. The inner gorge is good-to-go, but droppin.

Peaches...nice action shots.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Badkins, lets see.....

Gunny, easiest thing is probably to post your photos on the photo gallery. For this you first need to resize your images so that each photo is less than, or equal to, 800X600pixels, and less than 100KB in size. Let me know if you have any trouble with that...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts