Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, did anyone get up to Escalante during this week?

Anyway... It got pretty cold in Montrose last night (around freezing) and it's currently 36 and dumping snow. We have about an inch here, which means the drainage above Escalante is getting hammered.

This probably means that the river is dropping off now, but will come back with force as soon as it warms up. Does this mean I have to get my skis back out?

I won't make it out this weekend, but the week and weekend after that I'll be ready to roll (so to speak.)

tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Tom for the updates. You 'da man!
We had some great runs last weekend, and are thinking about heading out there this weekend as well. Please keep the posts coming.
Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
745 Posts
LOL, love these chamberlin updates. What do you do TC, put the kids in their boats and go watch? I mean you look like your a hockey goalie for gods sake, not a class 4+ paddler. I know it's gotta be low if you're putting on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did anyone get on it this weekend? I just got out to GJ this evening, will be here for a week if anyone wants to meet up for an afternoon run.
Ben
303 995-7433

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did anyone get on it this weekend? I just got out to GJ this evening, will be here for a week if anyone wants to meet up for an afternoon run.
Ben
303 995-7433
I just got back from a run earlier this afternoon. Apparently it was slightly higher today than Saturday, but definitely still on the low side.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Gary.... I don't have any kids, but Barry does (ages 6 and 3.) I think they are both paddling harder shit than you. When are you commin' out to take them on? We are coming your way on or about June 9th. You gonna be around? Melisa wants to put you in a submittion hold!

Hey everybody else... stuff has been dropping around here because of the cold weather, but its been snowing and raining a lot. There should be a bunch of snow left above Escalante. Hopefully it will get back up to a good medium level soon.

Keep in touch
tom

Is there another word for synonym?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Tom,

I'll be back in Junction all of next week. I would love to go run it if the water comes back up (and I can find the crack in my boat and fix it, rock hoping down Esca at low water didn't do my boat much good.) Maybe rally Donnie and Berry to join us. Get the whole hocky mask crew together.

Anyone else watching this thread, remember a 20$ face mask is a hell of a lot better than a 20,000$ facial reconstruction. Thank you to Tom, Berry and Donnie for teaching me that.

Gary, come join us.

Josh

·
Registered
745 Posts
Thanks for the invite Josh. Tom is too slow, Donnie still lives in BV and barry is way too busy with kids. I know for a fact that Barry will take time out of his day to snap a couple fingers back into place. As for the lacrosse/hockey what evr those things are, um, didn't they teach you to paddle where you can breathe?

Gary

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My guess is Wednesday it will still be low.

Josh - Barry, Donny and I are planning on hitting Escalante Sat / Sun. We would love to have you along. But I will be watching the weather and the flow. I don't really want to bang down it if it is to low.

Gary - are you stuck in Jackson? Is stuff running up there?

tom

If you ate both pasta and antipasto together, would you still be hungry?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah big T, nursing my shoulder. Had surgery again 3 weeks ago. Nothing is going here. The nf payette is running though. See you in june for sure.

Gar

how do i turn off this email reply to topics?

·
Registered
32 Posts
keep it comin

im headin up that way this weekend, water or not.. hopin for the water, not the not.. keep the updates comin... if no water i guess we will keep goin down to durango or maybe cross
thanks
MOMMER

·
Registered
121 Posts
I drove out there today, it was low, the fin rock was fully exposed. It looked like there was enough water to get down it, but could easily use another 300 cfs.
Hopefully it comes up by Saturday.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you ate both pasta and antipasto together, would you still be hungry?[/quote]

Even my dog Izzie thought that that was funny and she don't like nothin

cheers
Kent

·
Registered
323 Posts
Any updates? Got a crew wanting to head out there this weekend. I suggested Cross instead by they have an extreme tolerance for mank and still want to hit it up (you guessed it, Front Range Boaters from the 303 and one of them is from the southeast :twisted: )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts