Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
We just got back. It was fun. 57 was covered. I will have something up on the teamD site in a couple of hours with photos. Not sure what it is going to do but Alex said it was higher then when he did it Sunday.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Jonny, I've always found there is too much other stuff going on in between to make much of a correlation. If there is a major difference, like 2K you can figure its going, but much less and its really not indicitative either way. Too many diversions and tributaries.

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
ba ba bump.

Looks like temps will stay above freezing for the weekend. Any frontrangers planning to rally? I could leave by friday evening.

·
Registered
808 Posts
i have found the difference in those 2 guages to be a good indicator. yes, there are other creeks coming in and diversions. there was 1000 difference when we did it on monday, and the rock at 57 was covered, ie a medium flow. you will need a high flow to run the falls. kannah is going as well, have fun.
seems like some of the diversions around here were not ready for the early run-off, as i have noticed some empty canals that are usually full when the runoff starts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
question

I was thinking about heading up that way soon. It would be my first time and I was wondering if there was some good video of the rapids. Found one site that my friend thought might be the Escalante? not sure. Will someone who has been there look at it and shoot me back. Don't want to make the drive if it is out of my league. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
question

I was thinking about heading up that way soon. It would be my first time and I was wondering if there was some good video of the rapids. Found one site that my friend thought might be the Escalante? not sure. Will someone who has been there look at it and shoot me back. Don't want to make the drive if it is out of my league. Thanks
ohh yeah and here is the sight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRy_o_paVAQ

·
Registered
569 Posts
yeah those are actually some of my former students. they have been doing all kinds of crazy stuff in those rafts. Actually now that I think about it that is in Arizona. whoops. They have also done two expeditions to Mexico.

Peter

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Ditto. Thinking about a Saturday run if it's a good level and I can find someone willing to show a first-timer down.

COUNT

·
Registered
396 Posts
What melts into escalante anyway? I never thought of those plateus as very snowy places even in late january. Its been borderline rain in gunny until nightfall, but the mtns are getting a little more .. yaay .. yaay escalante .. scary muddy steepness.. props to that first d!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts