Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
bump...lots of us are wondering whether the drive is worth it. I don't want to get there only to shoot video and run (your) shuttle...lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
BIG E

Hey guys, this is floaty22 from Durango and we might have some people driving up in the morning (pre-dawn patrol) and were wondering if anyone will be there?
For first time running and scouting, but solid V boaters, how long should the run take? I think that some of us have run it before, but just trying to have some sense of a time scale in case no one knows the lines. Heard the mag wall has been producing swimmers this week?
Finally, all the cards are in place for this run and the Dolores this year. What an awesome season already!
Thanks for your help, Johnny

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey delta boaters. Didn't get to make it yesterday because of unforseen circumstances. Missed the good weather and everything. But i am going to drive up tommarrow morning and hopefully catch someone there to run it with.
If anyone sees this before they are going to the crik, then give my phone a shout, 970-946-3746.
See ya there, Johnny

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yea, we had a lot of fun. The water level was super high, well over bank full; with very little eddies and a steady stream of wood coming down the river alongisde our boats. It was exciting to say the least. We walked around a couple rapids and took out somewhere between corkscrew and double drop. Honestly I didn't recognize much the run from last Sunday, it had a totally different character -- way way more juicy.

Beware of shifting wood in there. Like I said, there was a ton of wood flushing downstream. Around 4pm, Corkscrew had a very large tree wedged on the big sloper rock in the center of the river just to the right of the standard center flake-slide line (i.e. Corkscrew.. in fact, the flake was completely under water).

We found 2 paddles. One Werner bent shaft with poggies, which should have been returned to the owner yesterday afternoon. And one werner straight shaft with a Gunnison address -- so to whoever owns this paddle, you should be getting a call later today.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The paddle was wedged in log-jammed eddy just below a big river-wide hole about half-way down the run. It was kind of a bitch to get to it. I handed over the paddle to a couple guys who said it belonged to someone in their party. I hope Seth got it back - can you confirm and let me know? I would feel bad if it never got returned.

Good times in there yesterday, eh? Wow. Did you guys run all the drops?

N

·
0 Posts
It was meaty huh!

:oops: Everyone ran everything except half of our group walked the hole at the top of double drop. I walked that thing. It was huge on Sunday!!! We ran it all on Saturday to warm up and took out on Sunday right above Corkscrew, like you said there was a strainer.

It was interesting barreling down that chocolate milk with the wood, sediment, and dirt. Everyone was getting crap in their eyes, but they were wide open!

At least mine were, Jarred and Paul probed pretty much everything for our group and we all made it down in one piece. We had one swimmer in a gnarly pour-over hole you had to boof left off of a triangle rock. He found his boat miles and miles below the 3rd gorge.

I was told it was high on Saturday and by my opinion it was stompin on Sunday.

NICK HINDS

1 - 14 of 14 Posts