Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
My limited research says... Pretty chill WW, kick ass scenery and...

Slot canyon paradise. Wish I had enough time to hit this one next week. Some day. To the original poster... Please PM me if this is a run you know a bunch about. Would like to glean some beta from you for a futre visit. Thank you.
Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or is it the Creek???

Think it may hold at runnable for a week or so, if that is what you are referring to? Heading south for business and planning on dawdling for some pleasure. Thanks
Dave

·
Boof like a Utard.
122 Posts
alberto:

I assume you mean escalante creek. What was the level at 57 chevy? Anyone boating tomorrow? It's supposed to rain, but that could be a good thing.

kenny

·
Registered
5 Posts
So can we get some back up here..whats the deal... I have the next three days free and an itch for some oh so nice early season creeking.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Woody you are slacking big time. B.E. gauge Reading 106 this is above the other drainages that practically double it by the time it reachs the goods. I bet escalante is indeed roosting

·
Registered
116 Posts
Escalant nay

Escalante is not running. Fin is sticking way out. I drove up on the north end of the plateau. There is minimal snow left above 8000 feet and the dirt road was bone dry at 7500'.

Maybe we will get lucky this weekend. Temps are ramping up for the weekend to 84 degrees on Saturday. Maybe we will get one weekend if all the remaining snow goes.

Jason

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thanks for the reliable info Jason. It would be great to get a visual late in the week to plan for the weekend (hint, hint Junction boaters).

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks for the beta Jason. i'm definitely in for a mission anytime wed-sunday so please give up some beta about it. driving from Durango.

cheers

·
Registered
846 Posts
Columbine Pass snotel still reports approx. 13 inches of SWE. With the forecast of mid-seventies in Delta and above/barely freezing temps at night Weds-Sat, I gotta think it will be running this weekend if it is going to run at all this year. I am planning on going for Sat and some early am gorge laps on Sun. Fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts