Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
I smash em and throw em in a mesh bag on my capn's compartment floor. When that gets full, I dump it into a trash compactor bag that goes under my gear pile in the back, space vacated by the case(s) of 'reserve' beer that started the trip back there.

It's amazing how much lighter my boat is after a week-10 days. 馃檪

Registered
If you want a bomber bag that will last 20 years: I use one for firewood and the second for crushed cans and the third holds 4 dish pails, a blaster and cleaning supplies.

Registered
Use the same hammer that you have for the sand stake. Flatten them out and they can go in an ammo can or anything else you are hauling trash in. For day beers, practice and perfect the "twist and crush" method, I am sure there is a cornerless can crush instructional somewhere in the web.

Registered
How do you guys haul out hundreds of empty crushed beer cans on a week long trip? Looking for a durable solution that can hold up to the sharp corners of a crushed beer can. Im thinking of a big bag of sorts. Thanks.
Rice bags are great, you can get them at a co-op or a feed store

Registered
Tuff river stuff drag bags. At the start of the trip you can store beer in them, drink out of one of the bags first. Once you have an empty bag we toss it up on the beach at night. Crush the cans and use that as a recycle container. It鈥檚 nice because it has opens and closes easy, drains water, and can hang it off the back of your boat so it鈥檚 out of the way.

Registered
How do you guys haul out hundreds of empty crushed beer cans on a week long trip? Looking for a durable solution that can hold up to the sharp corners of a crushed beer can. Im thinking of a big bag of sorts. Thanks.
Home Depot contractor bags, for trash and recycling. Store them in 5 gallon screw top buckets. OR mesh duffels, my preferred way lately

Registered
Like others already suggested...I bring a couple 5G buckets with gamma lids, storing meal & snack items that I don't want crushed (breads, chips etc) then as these things are ravenously consumed replace them with crushed cans or trash. Works pretty well, so long as am not the sole recipient. As for boat'n beers, those end up in a zippered mesh bag uncrushed until shore leave
Yes, 5 gallon buckets with screw top lids. Helps cut down on odors and yellow jackets and sloppy fluids. In camp empty cans laying around invites yellow jackets and other pests. I suggest empties go directly into a 5 gallon bucket with water in the bottom. Crush completely later at waters edges so that juices are not left behind in camp resulting in a near permanent problem in that camp.

Registered
I get to many punctured cans when transporting cans in drags bags or loose in bags. For long trips I suggest storing dry complete 12 pack containers or if wet storing to duct tape up 12 packs around all three directions.

Registered
The best is a large hammer to flatten, then add to a burlap bag, and toss on the raft.

Registered
Use the same hammer that you have for the sand stake. Flatten them out and they can go in an ammo can or anything else you are hauling trash in. For day beers, practice and perfect the "twist and crush" method, I am sure there is a cornerless can crush instructional somewhere in the web.
You haul a hammer? Holy shit...I thought that鈥檚 why USFS put all those rocks at the campsites.

Premium Member

Registered
my farmer buddy keeps me supplied with feed bags (horse, chicken, dog, etc.).
i use them for firewood (or full beers). after the firewood or beers come out, the empties (or trash) go in.
pounding the empties flat at camp each morning saves space and is cheap therapy :p

21 - 40 of 41 Posts