Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a research project on the emotional responses of survivors of adventure accidents. If you have been in any mountaineering/climbing/boating/skiing accident, I would love for you to fill out my survey if you are wiling to share your experience.
Your answers will be anonymous. I will post the results when I am finished.
Thanks for your support! Here is the link:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PVYLDG5

·
Registered
521 Posts
Maybe too late - but I would add an option for those that have worked in the outdoor industry but no longer do. Be prepared for people that have had numerous jobs in the outdoor industry.

I have been the "vicitm" numerous outdoor accidents, none resulting in serious injury to me. The most troubling, life changing and memorable incidents are where I was a first responder and people died, could have died, or were injured seriously. Does your survey want only victim response, or responder as well?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Interesting project.
The survey doesn't distinguish if you've been in more than one accident. Also, you may want to ask if any of the "symptoms" were present before the accident as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have been involved in more than one accident, you are still qualified to take the survey. Additionally, if you have responded to accident, you can take the survey. Thanks for your input!!!!

·
Beginner
2,470 Posts
I took the survey. It's kind of vague and weird. I chose an accident where I fell out of the boat. Not too traumatic...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, if you want to fine-tune the questions in the future, or look at other aspects of this issue, I think there is a fairly well-known correlation (and causation) between major head injuries and depression. So you could try to separate out that injury type, maybe with a question about if the victim lost consciousness or not. Good luck with the project.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, the only real bad accidents I was involved in involved skiing in bounds and motorcycles. Your categories are to limiting.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Good point rebel, if the definition was something like "adrenaline sports", I bet inbounds skiing/snowboarding and motorcycling would have the highest number of injuries per # of participants.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
And some of us have witnessed/been involved in accidents in multiple sports. Each one affected me differently I guess depending on the severity of the outcome. Couldnt see a way to account for that on the survey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts