Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - I just came across this notice on FB this notice on FB and thought folks on MB would be interested:

Join us October 23 for an evening with Kevin Fedarko, author of the The Emerald Mile, as he talks about the Colorado River and signs books. Check out this recent interview with Kevin.

About the Book:
In the spring of 1983, massive flooding along the Colorado River almost resulted in a catastrophic dam failure. In the midst of this crisis, a decision was made to launch a small wooden dory called ‘The Emerald Mile’ at the head of the Grand Canyon, which was not just odd, but suicidal. The goal was to nail the all-time record for the fastest boat ever propelled down the entire length of the Colorado River. Now, this remarkable epic feat unfolds in The Emerald Mile, a thrilling and true tale of the fastest boat ride ever.

Thursday, October 23, 2014
7:00 pm
SteamPlant Event Center - Ballroom
Sackett and G Street, Salida, CO 81201

There will be an after-event social hour at Woods Distillery that benefits LTUA.

$5 suggested donation for the land Trust of the Upper Arkansas (LTUA)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Error in my The Emerald Mile Facebook Invite

Hi there,

I wanted acknowledge an error in the write-up in the Facebook invite for Kevin Fedarko's talk about The Emerald Mile on October 23 in Salida. American Rivers is a sponsor of the event, and I wrote the text about the book in the invitation (which will be changed in moments).

The error is that the journey was not the fastest trip down the entire Colorado River, rather the fastest journey through the Grand Canyon. Might be a picky correction, but an inaccuracy regardless.

I hope many of you can come and enjoy the talk - I apologize for the minor error, especially surrounding such an amazing story, which of course everyone should read!

My bad.

Sinjin

·
KegFloat
47 Posts
Saw Kevin Fadarko this Spring in Grand Junction and it was well worth it. I also highly recommend reading the book and seeing his presentation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts