Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two or three of us are leaving Canon City at 0900ish for Eleven mile if the water stays above 250cfs. KB you should make the 20 min drive from the house. Maybe run Big Bang (the first one) will help out on safety for either. We pulled the log out of The Milky Way last weekend so no logs you cannot slide over as of now. PM me if interested. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
11 mile response

This is Alan williamson we talked at corner pocket I want to go run that stretch but I think I'm going to have to work you can call me at 275-4379 if you ever are going boating again::D

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
I'd be down for that. I'm at OR 2014 in SLC and will be back Saturday afternoon. I need to get on the water again and have run Eleven Mile many times..

·
Registered
364 Posts
SARGE!!!

I'd be down for that. I'm at OR 2014 in SLC and will be back Saturday afternoon. I need to get on the water again and have run Eleven Mile many times..

Well then "Sarge"...It sounds like an 11 mile renuion! I plan on paddling 11 mile on Sunday morning and would love nothing more than to see my old friend in one of my favorite places! It'll be the maiden voyage for my new Mamba 8.1 and I'm really excited!

I heard flows are on their way up for the canyon? I remember running this at +600cfs and it was pretty FUN! I haven't been paddling much at all this season or last, so we'll see how it all goes...a little rusty on my braces but the trusty roll is still there! Give me a call when you plan on heading up! I'd really like to catch up with you and Sheryl and run this with you two since it's been years! Thanks!

Cheers brotha!

-Nick
303-204-1527 (cell)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yo Alan and Jim...I would also love to meet you two and run this with you guys! Let me know where and when you plan on meeting.....On another note...do you guys know when 11 mile got names for their rapids? I don't ever re-call names on any drops? I'm not sure what "milky way" is or "Big Bang"? Are they the "top V" and "bottom V"? Just curious...sounds really cool though! I always wondered why there were no "known" names on the rapids when we paddled them....or at least we weren't aware of any...just wondering if it is a "new school" thing or if they have always been there? I see you two have been padlding for quite some time and would probably know. Thanks!

Cheers!

-Nick
303-204-1527

1 - 5 of 5 Posts