Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Negative. 11 mile is narrow and rocky. In fact I have never even seen a raft in there (though I'm sure some float it). Lowest I have done it is 250, and that was pretty bare. Maybe someone has a different opionion on this, but I ran numbers a couple weeks ago @ 132, and I would do it again, but I won't do 11 mile at the same cfs. Just not channelized enough.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree!! I wouldn't even kayak it at that flow. It is super bony and slow!! You couldn't even make it through some areas in a shredder, especially at that flow. Amazing fishing though!! Bring some hoppers!!!

Cheers!!

-Nick

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
lmyers

Numbers eh? Channalized enough for a shredder at those flows?
You might be able to do it at current flow, (a rain swollen 225), but it is running pretty chocolatey right now, and if you don't know the lines it would be a bitch...at 132 you couldn't do it in a shredder - too many slots that you can't even squeeze through with your paddle sideways.
With all this rain I bet there is something running in New Mexico...hmmm...

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
The Taylor is still running @ 265 below the dam, and 323 @ Almont. So around 300 in the canyon...we kayaked it today, and it is shallow but all the rapids are still in, and we even saw a commercial raft trip still running...so a shredder is definitely still in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts