Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the problem is with Eddy Flower. The usgs links work for many of the guages where Eddy Flower is not showing them on the Buzz. Maybe this can be fixed Mr. Flower?:confused:

thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
We have our Senior Chief Flow Analyst looking at it now...its been escalated to Defcon 4...i'll keep you posted!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Surgery went well, she is a bit woozy but will fully recover.

For flow geeks who care we were scraping some USGS flows from DWR but their integration broke, so now we pull direct from USGS, now all is well.

·
DP/ Cinematographer
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eddy Flower Flows incorrect

I am still not sure why the Eddy Flower Flows don't resemble the USGS actual flows many times. Are you guys having to update by hand every day?? Granted I am such a geek I have most of the Watertalk #'s memorized for my phone but I bet there are a lot of people who just a take a quick look at the Flower guage and make a decision on where to paddle based on incorrect flows.

-flow geek

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Until you Eddyflower get's it shit sorted, the upgraded DWR site is great, if you know which gage you need. (Pretty sure most of us do). It includes DWR and USGS gages. Here's the link to the South Platte Basin:
Division1

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Water Charts

Dan that link is awesome. It even includes resivours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have automated processes that download from the usgs and the dwr every hour. If that process doesn't run correctly I am notified by email immediately as part of our outage plan.

If you're seeing something that doesn't match the USGS please email me with specifics ([email protected]) and I'll dig into it right away.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've been looking at the one Dan linked to as well. A nice feature is that you can click on the river basin, and then you can click on the division on the right hand side and see only the gauges for bear creek, clear creek, boulder creek etc. Narrowing it down to the individual creek basins is a great function and gets you lots of detail.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Brook,

I believe we have addressed all the flow issues that were reported over the last few months. If we have overlooked any or if anyone notices any new issues with the flows please let us know and we will look into them immediately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts