Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jungle abby
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to say , just started up the first female kayak group in ecuador , 15 years boating here and no ecuadorians girls were in to it or had a group , i started last year and now as we have a small solid group its official, please help by liking and sharing my page on facebook, Ecuadors first female kayak group.....all the best and happy paddling!:D

·
Jungle abby
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know will have to ask her, not that i remember. ive known her awhile they may have done some classes or such ,

·
Registered
170 Posts
I never had a women's only club. Abby is definitely the first on this, and it's an awesome idea! There are a lot of GOOD local paddlers in Ecuador now, but until Abby started her group, I knew of only 1 woman Ecuadorian paddler. I hope this takes off and encourages lots of local ladies to get out on the water.

Anyone who is heading to Ecuador this winter should contact Abby and help her out if you can. Donate a day of coaching if you have teaching skills, or donate some gear if you can spare it. Or, at the very least, just have a beer with the ladies in the bar and give them some encouragement!

·
Jungle abby
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks a bunch , and in terms of who started doesnt matter :)as long as we keep this group going and that the girls are keen to boat , and i am super stoked on it especially with the response i have gotten and the girls are very eager, gear is our main problem we are borrowing right now most things, even small things here are much appreciated , nose plugs , old helmets etc ;),thanks all!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts