Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from another amazing trip to Ecuador. Larry at Small World Adventures made our trip with his great rental boat fleet. He even came to Tena and picked them up from us so we didn't have to stop by his place on our way back to Quito (maybe I shouldn't publicize that?). Unless you are staying for months, it is way less hassle and possibly even cheaper to rent boats than try to get the airlines to let you check them. He has Creek and Play boats. He also has some amazing cabins right on the river for his guided trips, but us dirtbag paddlers can only dream of the hot showers and cold cocktails on the deck overlooking the river. He is in Borja on the Quijos river. Probably reasonable to get in touch with him through the web site. If I looked hard enough I could probably find a phone contact for him. If anyone needs it let me know and I will.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ecuador

Betty!
Help a fellow gal boater.
(If you can.) Am going to join a commercial trip in Quito Feb. 7 for a week of kayaking, probably the same places you went 'dirt bagging'. &^%$#%
I am going by myself , so I am happy to join an outfitter that I know and like (did an ACA course with her.)
Anyway, I get to Ecuador (Quito) about 4 days before my trip starts. I would LOVE some advice about what to do for those extra days.
I would like to spend time hiking or mountain biking in the volcano mountain areas (Cayambe, Cotopaxi, etc.), or maybe I would rather head down to Tena for some extra credit boating.
I would love your advice, or even river advice!!!!
Kim J
[email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
hiking & boating in Ecuador

If you are looking for some hiking in the highlands you could do well to either check out the Black Sheep Inn south of Quito or go north to Casa Mojanda. They both have websites, good hiking around their lodges and are nice places to stay. The Black Sheep inn is farther away so if time on a bus or in a car is a concern, go north. Tena of course is the easist option as far as hooking up with paddlers to boat with. By the way the river levels have been awesome since Christmas, no end in sight!
Larry V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts