Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easy water close to denver to take a new guy in a ducky? I have a friend in Denver that would like to go out this weekend but I don't really know much about the water around there.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Depends on how far you're willing to drive. If you can make a two hour drive to Pumphouse, that's the closest run for a new fish in an IK. If he's a hard charger, Waterton's running.

·
I kayak DH.
794 Posts
Don't take a new guy in a ducky down foxton. It may seem gravy to us... but it requires a few moves that can dump someone in a rough little creek to swim.

I did it once with a bud who said he could handle it, and had been in a ducky a few times before... he took a good beating in a few spots, and didn't have the fun I was hoping he would.

Honestly, I've taken beginners down Sf S platte at this level before... it's slow, chill, and low consequence. Boring for you... but a good intro run.

·
Banned
678 Posts
Don't take a new guy in a ducky down foxton. It may seem gravy to us... but it requires a few moves that can dump someone in a rough little creek to swim.

I did it once with a bud who said he could handle it, and had been in a ducky a few times before... he took a good beating in a few spots, and didn't have the fun I was hoping he would.

Honestly, I've taken beginners down Sf S platte at this level before... it's slow, chill, and low consequence. Boring for you... but a good intro run.
At 200 on foxton the only moves you are making are to avoid getting stuck :p All the holes are gone and the river slows way down. Just my observation from another newbie that has ran it this year at 250 and 470. In a ducky it would be super chill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Foxton was fun today. My buddy had a good time even though he took a biff on a rock and got banged up. But he is ready to go again. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts