Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am am an eastern boater considering a trip out to the Ark next week. I was concerend about the flows and anticipated that they would be higher.

Are the fluctuations - from 1000 to 2000 fairly normal? I was anticipating that flows through Browns would be holding steady, somewhere close 2000, through the third week of June.

Not being privvy to local conditions, i.e. amount of snow pack, a warmer than normal spring, the politics of dam releases, it is hard to judge the larger picture.

So, is this a normal June or are the flows receeding at this point?

Any info would be very appreciated.

Denny
[/b]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like things have dropped fast after the peaks of last week, amigo. I wouldn't expect more water than what you are currently seeing.

·
Registered
75 Posts
here try this

AF=(C*D/MOM-((SP*RS)*(TMF-APW)))*YWFG

AF=Ark Flow
C=current flow
MOM= mood of managers
SP= snow pack
RS=reservoir storage
TMF= trans mountain flow
APW= antero pumped water
YWFG=Your wild f**king guess
I hope this helps. Harvey if you read this I am in fri and sun for sure.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think there's an error in your equation. The "-" in front of the snowpack term should probably be a "+". And what does the D stand for?

I think I can find values for all of the variables (including YWYFG), but not MOM. Are hourly values of MOM posted on anyone's web site?

:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
sorry d stands for day of the week as this will directly effect MOM
MOM can be estimated using the weekly production estimates from Budweiser * the weekly performance of the DNR's pension fund minus acting president Bushes polling numbers.
The placement and use of any mathamatical symbols is purely random, and will not affect the equation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts