Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a great bike ride through white rock open space east of 75th and boulder creek looks perfect for canoeing there, at least through the tiny part I could see from the trail. I got this crazy idea that it would be really fun to canoe from 55th to where it joins with the St. Vrain. or maybe even all the way to where it joins with the south platte. I have no idea if it's even possible. I looked on google maps and there are definitely some portages...

So, my question is: is it possible to boat beyond 75th? Would that be nuts? Would I get fined for trespassing? Has anyone done it? Would it be better to use my kayak?

How about the St Vrain past longmont? I think it would be really fun to use my canoe to explore the rivers out in the plains.

Thanks for any beta you might have to share!

Lauren

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
I've only floated as far as 75th, but rumor has it the owner there guards his property very jealously. If it is anything like the stretch just above you will have LOTS of sketchy downed cottonwoods in your way.

Let us know if you investigate further. It looks beautiful and I've always been curious.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I actually saw a group putting in around there sometime this past spring while I was riding my bike along 75th. There were a couple kayakers and a canoe I think putting on as I went by. I never knew anyone ran past there, but apparently it's been done this year. However, I have no clue how it went so that probably doesn't help you much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts