Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riley and I are going to float way out east, maybe to the confluence with the SV or SP.

Wouldn't mind having another competent adventurer along as we explore through the strainers…

Doing this soon, and will have Toni collect us when we are done.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Dave,
Sorry I missed this expedition. How was the run? I've always wanted to float beyond 55th. Any notable hazards?

Jim

·
Super Moderator
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty uneventful.

We paddled out to county line road. Couple logs to portage shortly after Valmont. We paddled a couple hundred yards up sbc to the first mini rapid. Every blind corner was a wood concern, but except as mentioned, all could be snuck or threaded through.

We walked the diversion at 95th, but it looked runnable.

Below foothills would not be raft friendly.

There was a five foot boof where a diversion was rebuilt out of large boulders.

This run is not beginner friendly due to wood, but easy intermediate if anyone's interested.

Decent take out options at 75, 95, mineral rd and county line rd.

287 would
Prolly be good, but lots of fences.

There was not a single river wide fence, though some will likely be rebuilt in the future.

Might have gone farther but riley was getting tired. It took five hours from the mouth with minimal paddling and a short lunch break amongst the white rock cliffs. Deet would have made lunch more enjoyable.

Glad to have done it, but won't do it again anytime soon.

We saw a broken canoe as well as a small dinghy both stranded in log jams below 75th.

-Dave
(Seven two 0) 298-2242

1 - 3 of 3 Posts