Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob's Bridge in Avon, road closed.
Supposed commercial death. Not sure if it was the new improved play park features...but Bob's Bridge hole is huge.

Be safe out there....God bless

Update- looks like a private raft, 4 people in it, flipped near golf course in Eagle vail.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Isn't the play park down in Eagle? Did this possibly happen on one of the man made diversion damns closer to Eagle-Vail?

Vail Daily has very limited info in their small article on the incident.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a "play park" in Avon, it sucks and nobody uses it. I have lived in Avon for 18 years and have never seen anybody in there. It is a series of 3 drops right at Bobs Bridge (bridge by the Westin).

The Town probably got jealous of Eagle's sweet park and threw money at it this winter. They made a large boulder terraced viewing area downstream of teh play holes right under the bridge.
"bob's hole" is right under the bridge and the last feature (also a putin /takeout) and usually gets nasty at Dowd Chute=4.0'.....it now seems enormous. but i have only put in below it the last few days.

There is alot of action in Eagle Vail section (large boulder with holes) at 2000 cfs. There is also the main drop you are talking about Ann's Market drop behind Sun River apartments.

·
Registered
202 Posts
There is a "play park" in Avon, it sucks and nobody uses it. I have lived in Avon for 18 years and have never seen anybody in there. It is a series of 3 drops right at Bobs Bridge (bridge by the Westin).

The Town probably got jealous of Eagle's sweet park and threw money at it this winter. They made a large boulder terraced viewing area downstream of teh play holes right under the bridge.
"bob's hole" is right under the bridge and the last feature (also a putin /takeout) and usually gets nasty at Dowd Chute=4.0'.....it now seems enormous. but i have only put in below it the last few days.

There is alot of action in Eagle Vail section (large boulder with holes) at 2000 cfs. There is also the main drop you are talking about Ann's Market drop behind Sun River apartments.

I know exactly where you are talking...ran that section this past weekend in a packraft and that hole/wave got 3 of my friends but all were able to self rescue rather quickly.

Very unfortunate to hear of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts