Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, pretty new here and I have a few questions about a guide school. I am looking into getting into rafting after several rafting trips with friends and commercial. I figured that my best bet, based on other posts, would be to go through a guide school to see if I truly love the sport enough to invest in a boat.
I've done some research and it appears that most guide training is in May, prior to the season starting. I unfortunately work until the end of May so that rules that out. I found a commercial company called Mountain Waters Rafting and was curious to know if anyone has any experience with them? They have a school that starts in June for 7 days, which seems perfect. The training is also quite affordable, which is nice, but not always a great thing. It seems like a good choice, even if just to get an introduction to rafting.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think they are a pretty good company. I would go for the guide school.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Are you wanting to learn how to guide or are you looking to learn how to row for your own private trips? If you're wanting the latter, I would skip the guide school and go for 4CWW's Private Boaters Course. Its much focused on rowing and skills that private boaters need. They haven't scheduled the 2015 class, so you might give them a call to see if they could do one in June.

If you're looking to actually guide commercially, their guide school is also top notch and very intensive. They're one of the few companies that take their guide school on the Upper Animas, so if you want to experience some harder whitewater, 4CWW would be my choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts