Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,735 Posts
Our pups don't even really like standing in the bottom of a boat, I'm sure they'd hate a ducky. I have made decking for them, and also a semi-rigid floor for the bow/stern when we take them, so they can run around and do laps on it. They never really enjoyed a canoe, they were so stuck in one place, and I imagine a ducky might be similar.

You could always do a smaller raft, one that you can oar alone and have the dogs and your hubby can still yak. Something like a 10 (?) -12' boat.

· Registered
4,735 Posts
some dogs like duckies, although I was carrying the camp gear and my dog in my raft
So sweet! Good for you, I think our girls are a bit more high strung than usual, which is still pretty mellow since they are goldens. You're pup is precious!

Yup, it all depends on the dog. Ridgebacks, not really fans of water usually, right? Maybe they'd prefer to be more dry on a raft than so close to the water on a ducky?

Shoot, go rent a ducky and give it a shot, on a mellow stretch.

· Registered
4,735 Posts
I'm pretty sure our pups don't like the soft floor even in our raft, or maybe it's that it slopes so much they tend to slide towards the bail holes. I made a little floor for the bow for them out of polymax (search, tons of threads on this), and they seem very happy with that much more solid platform. I just have it strapped to the floor lacing, with some edges so their paws can't easily get stuck between the polymax and the tubes. It's light, drains well, and gives good traction for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.