Mountain Buzz banner

Duckie and Dogs?

4894 19
Hi Ladies! I tried to get into ww kayaking a few years ago...got the lessons for me and my man and some of the gear...had a bad 1st try on the river and never went back. That being said, my husband totally got into it and now that's ALL he does from April- Sept (longer if the waters running).

I am thinking about giving it another whirl but this time in a duckie. Im not looking to ever boat class iv/v, just stuff like Ruby/Horsethief the Dolores slickrock to bedrock, and parts of the Arky.
The catch is I would like to bring our 2-dogs along with me...is it possible to fit 2-dogs, 1-person and some limited gear (for overnights) in a 2-person duckie? Or is there another option that would be more suitable? I want something easy to trasport.

My husband keeps wanting to get me a raft but Im just not sure I want something so big...plus I have only oared a raft once durring a Lodore trip on flat water.

Any suggestions or advice is apprciated! Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Dogs in ducks...

My dog loves a duckie in calm water....but she is about 25 pounds. Regardless if you choose to duck or not to duck, you can get tandem ducks for cheap through gravity play...it's a company that uses them for adventure racing, then sells them. They are only used a couple of times. They are the tributary tomcats and Ziok boats. The pic is in Ruby Horse Thief...

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.