Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for someone who can replace a drysuit zipper for me. I already have the new zipper. I live in the Roaring Fork Valley in Colorado. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I think Alpine Quest (Edwards) might be your closest shop, they used to have a glenwood pop up store but I think that is only the summer now if it still exists. I'd call Kayak Academy (Kayak Academy | Kayak Academy) and deal with mailing instead of driving. They have been stellar with a couple repairs for me and are a Kokatat certified shop if that happens to be your suit.

Google says Repair — Ragged Mountain Sports might be able to help, they list zippers and drysuits, but not a drysuit zipper but might be worth checking out. Cool repair program it looks like but no experience.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Immersion research will repair any brand. Always had stellar work done with IR. I'm in the roaring fork valley as well and I've got a sweet protection suit in need of a new zipper too. Can't justify the price IR quoted at the moment, but if you decide to send in, maybe we can split shipping! Let me know what you find! (Ragged no longer does repairs)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
plus one on kayak academy repairs. Used them several times for gaskets and they have another brand of gaskets that are better than Kokotat which is the dry suits brand I have had kayak academy work on over the years. Kayak Academy | Kayak Academy Never used them for zipper replacement but based on their gasket repair work, I expect good service on any repair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts