Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading to AK this summer and just looking for some input on what you guys think on if i should throw down the cash for a drysuit, or should i just buy some drypants being that i already have a drytop? any suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
4,621 Posts
There have been a few discussions of this over the last few months, and some of them quite animated. Searching might help you find those posts.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you are working for an outfitter they can probably hook you up on a prodeal and make the cost of a nice drysuit more reasonable and worthwhile. Drysuits are really nice - especially with socks and a relief zipper. If you are going to AK for the full season or more than one season the drysuit is probably worth the coin.

Drybib/top combos with the roll together seal tend to work well. I know a lot of guides in AK that use Kokatat bibs with a drytop and are happy (nothing against Bomber gear, just don't know anybody who uses their pants). Although more guides have full dry suits and they tend to be the preferred option. Getting bibs with socks and a relief zipper makes long days easier. Dry pants/bibs that don't have the roll together seal don't tend to be dry if you take a swim and may hold a lot of water in them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Drysuit is a must have for AK

I learned to boat in AK and there is no way I would go without a drysuit. The water is significantly colder and the weather is always a factor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts