Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight leak in my drysuit and am planning in sending it in for repairs, but was going to use it for a few days first.

Has anyone had any success or other recomendations for a quick temporary patch to keep a little dryer? I know where the leak is coming from, and was thinking about just throwing some duct tape on it for now. Any other recomendations?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depending on if it is a big tear or not, aquaseal is a good option for a quick fix.

·
Registered
312 Posts
TREW gear, ski outerwear manufacturer. told me that duct tape can void warranty!!! just heads up. might check into it with the manufacturer

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Don't use aquaseal for a "temporary" patch as it cannot be removed. If you aren't even going to have it truly repaired, then it is fine. But if you are going to send it in just use some ducttape on the inside.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tenacious Tape... won't leave any sticky stuff behind once peeled off. It's pretty much ultralight duct tape without the mess. Tents, rainwear, missing drain plug, dry garments, down jackets... I've used it to repair many things.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They make temporary goretex patches that stick on. They work pretty good as a semi permanent patch, and come off easy enough.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Careful of gorilla tape/ duct tape. I did this on the inside of my drysuit and when I tried to pull it off, it was tearing out the inside laminate.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Contact the manufacturer of your suit instead of asking a bunch of dirtbags on the internet...

my .02

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ended up buying an adhesive goretex patch from cks for about $5. Just peel and stick and it kept me dry!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts