Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
At 5'10", I can just BARELY get into a medium Kokatat. Being a couple inches taller than I, you may need a large. The problem isn't the waist, as I have a lot of room there, but getting out of it is very difficult. When I try to the suit over my head, the suit has limited room as the crouch area stops it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At 5'10", I can just BARELY get into a medium Kokatat. Being a couple inches taller than I, you may need a large. The problem isn't the waist, as I have a lot of room there, but getting out of it is very difficult. When I try to the suit over my head, the suit has limited room as the crouch area stops it.
Thats what I was kinda thinking. Also does anyone have any input on hydrus 3L vs Gore-tex. Big difference in price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You will need room for under layers, get the large. I "fit" an XL superb in a t-shirt so I got a XXL with shorter legs and arms. Kokatat all the way. Any model from them is good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would definitely suggest the large. I am 5'11". 150. Medium fits great until I swim, then I get a wedgey and arms feel restricted. Love the suit though. GoreTex has lasted me two seasons with no issues yet.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Good choice. I have that exact suit and so far have been very happy with it. I'm your height with 35 additional pounds and it fits perfectly, so it might be a tad loose on you but not annoyingly so. I think you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just got a Kokatat Idol. I wasn't sure about the waist zipper. After paddling it a few times I love it. Once in my boat the zipper is totally out of the way and feels just like a dry top.

Before this I had the Icon with the shoulder zip and liked that a lot also.

I like both of these options better than the zipper across the chest.

Definitely Kokatat is the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just got a Kokatat Idol. I wasn't sure about the waist zipper. After paddling it a few times I love it. Once in my boat the zipper is totally out of the way and feels just like a dry top.
The Idol looks amazing, Its just a little out of my price range. I plan to save up and get one before next winter.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You NEED a large. I medium will be too short in the balls to neck dimension, perpetually smashing your balls. I know this because a buddy made this exact mistake and the M suit was essentially unwearable due to the ball grabbing issue, but otherwise fit OK in almost all other dimensions.

I roll with a size up in my dry suit. Allows for plenty of room for extra layers, and extra beer gut fluctuations, and has limited downside on fit. Might seem huge when you take it out of the box, but when you get your skirt, pfd, shoes on etc, its barely noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts