Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Kokatat Gmer for the Win! got the Limited Edition with the extra condura on the legs and high wear areas for extra durability cant go wrong and customer service is #1 took them 3 days to get it back to me when i got my gaskets replaced its always kept me dry and warm.

Good luck on whatever you choose!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Kokatat replaced my 10 year-old GMER under warranty because there was some delamination in the torso. They TRULY stand behind their lifetime warranty.

Yes, it's an expensive initial purchase, but think about it as something you're investing in for your paddling career, not just something to use for 5-6 years and then dispose of.

Drink less PBR, eat ramen, shovel driveways, get the Kokatat!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another for the gmer. I just got home from the grand 25 year low temps, never once did i have wet layers under. I was warm dry and happy to be able to play around and not have to worry about a swim.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'm in the IR drysuit here and I'm still dry as a bone after two years. It's a good option if you're looking for something other than the GMER. Rear entry is nice as well. Fabric is super durable, as it has survived jumping through the bushes on numerous occasions as well as dragging the elbows across rocks. Feet have survived multiple 4 mile hikes without jeopardizing the integrity of the fabric.

Super stoked so far.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The only real option is a Kokatat, either with the tunnel for a kayak skirt (Meridian = GMER) or without (Front Entry = GFE).

·
Registered
350 Posts
My Stohlquist BPOD has been holding up great. The initial waterproof coating from the factory requires upkeep, but other than simple routine maintenance, it's just as good as ever (if not a bit oversized).

I've come to learn that Kokotat's factory waterproofing lasts longer, but recoating any drysuit is as simple as washing it with Granger XT (or like-coating) and then tumble-drying it (but not too hot for latex, or spot-drying it with a hair-dryer, etc).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
My take is that all fabrics will wear out with use. Kokatat will test and repair your suit at a small cost. That's the main reason I'm sold on Kokatat as you can extend the longevity of your suit several years with the repairs. In fairness I think Stohlquist will do the same thing but people I know have not had as much luck with their suits.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It goes without saying that the aluminum armor plating goes on the outside of your drysuit though... you guys all have that, right? ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts