Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I need some of your collective wisdom.

I just got a screaming deal on a Kokatat dry suit but there is a small catch.

There are some small holes in the Gore-Tex that need to be repaired. Anyone have any experience with patching holes? I talked with Kokatat and they really did not give much guidance on DIY repair and their repair charge is very reasonable only $20 but a 3-4 week lead time.

I have attached some pics of the whole. I don't pick it up until Saturday so I don't have a ton of info at the moment.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
DIY just put some aquaseal over that bad boy and hope for the best. Send it in as soon as temps allow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that but I want something a little more perminent and not make it harder for Kokatat to repair.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Check out a few breathable wader repair kits, ie. Simms, Patagonia.
Seam repair tape may also be an option. Whatever you use, think of the impact to a Kokatat repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
113 Posts
I asked a similar question on here a few days ago. I found a temporary adhesive gore-tex patch at CKS. I have been out a few times with this and it seems to be working well. This patch is advertised to be removable without damaging the suit, so I am planning on waiting until later this summer to send it in for repair once things warm up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dbf48

Thanks! That is exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought he needed a hotel room roof repaired from the title!
Does that make you feel better about your self, making fun of other people?

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Does that make you feel better about your self, making fun of other people?
I fixed it - I have to admit it confused me too.

You can always 'report' your own thread to draw the attention of someone who can fix these things.

Chin up, buttercup.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I fixed it - I have to admit it confused me too.

You can always 'report' your own thread to draw the attention of someone who can fix these things.

Chin up, buttercup.
Thanks good to know, was not sure how to fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts