Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the tall end of 6'4" maybe 6'5" and 180 on a good day. A 31 waist, 34-36 inseam, and a size 13 foot. I'm on the xxl spectrum on height and the medium for waist... I'm not so naive to think I'm going to get a perfect fit but does any one have a recommendation of what dry suit fits a skinny bastard like me, well better?

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you can't find one that accommodates your shape you might consider a dry bib dry top combo for sizing flexibility.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A custom kokatat is not as daunting as it sounds... you may end up with a medium/large torso and xxl arms and legs. Splurge for the drysocks. One of the best things ever is a set of smartwool mountaineering socks completely dry while standing in ridiculously cold water (ice freezing around you) completely dry feet is so worth it. Yep totally worth it. I run booties one size up for super thick socks and the waterproof layer. Still worth it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a Stohlquist EZ-XL that fit's me well - plenty long for my legs (36"+ inseam) and I wear a sz 12 shoe, sz 13 should not be a problem.. I am almost exactly your size/wt.. Any suit that fit's our height, you will have to compromise a bit for the "extra" fabric aroung the mid section/legs. Just had the foot booties and neck gasket replaced this past winter and if your not in a big hurry, mine might be for sale after a spring trip on the Owyhee if not closed again for covid.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Express Drysuits repair in Portland will make custom drysuits. Reasonable cost.
I wish I'd known it before I ordered mine.
He's great to work with!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
x3 - custom Kokatat. I'm 6'-5" and 195-215 lbs.

Ordered mine originally 18 years ago, got an XL with +3" legs, +2" arms, +1" torso. It would legit fit a dude who is 7' and 240-250#.
Suit delaminated 9 years ago and they replaced it with another that fits the same.

I'd agree that a Med plus length would be a better fit. Or maybe Large plus length.

Get the booties.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
X4 for custom kokatat, I had the radius customized very slightly, 6'4 and 225# here, its not a daunting process at all, and the suit fits perfectly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts