Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the season? Found no season info in a search on BT or the Buzz or in AW's page.

cheers-

·
Registered
911 Posts
Caspian...

DMC from what I understand is kinda tough to forecast. If anything I would aim for mid to late May. We gave it a shot last April and got skunked. We are going again this April for the Kern Fest and have high hopes, but tempered as well.

If you are planning on a Cali trip around mid April, feel free to drop me a line. [email protected].

We are leaving from Boulder on the 9th for about 10 days of creekin around the downieville area, trinity, Kaweah (sp?), and Kern drainages.

Marty

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would say early to mid may. Be forwarned you have to pay the toll. Sure the videos look cool, but they don't show you the hour long scrape fest through overhanging trees and the long sketchy portage down to the Kern. All for something like 5 decent drops. Its Probably better for a hike than a paddle. Just my opinion.:x

·
Registered
499 Posts
I did it several years ago and in my humble opinion Dry Meadow is one of those creeks you have to do once in your life, but that's about it. It is a spectacle to behold, but a biatch to get to. I had a lot more fun on Brush creek, 2 short portages in a solid mile of fun creeking.

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts