Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 NRS E-140 raft that I am digging thus far.
It came with a dry box, but I'm not sure I love the fit.
Running a NRS Frame and DRE Seat, below me is a 19" bay.
Inside to inside of my boat is aobut 44"

Dry box is 44" long, 15 1/4" deep, and 15" tall.
It seems too wide to sit in the boat comfortably as it needs to be wedged in, it won't go in if set straight down. I could put some wear tabs on the tubes and run it, but wondering about the 3-4" of depth I could be using.

For a 44" boat, 19" under driver bay, what dimensions would you make your dry box.
If you say use what I've got, what would you put in that 3-4" of space fore to aft. I am debating putting a floor under it, but guessing if I got a good fitting dry box that could rest on tabs, I wouldn't need to.

Please ask any questions needed to give the best answers you can.
If you have one that fits my needs, please let me know.

I see on NRS site, they sell them in 36 and 38" lengths. Is that all people use and just leave 3" on either side of the box to the tube?

Thanks for helping outfit the rig for us
Jon

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have a few options. One get a new DRE seat built for 15 1/4 bay and move your cross bar in. Two have a new box built if you go this way I'd make it 43 wide DRE can build you a box any demision. Three get another NRS cross bar and use it to take up the slack.
Four listen to some jackass about getting rid of your frame amd getting a frame and box from a d-bag in Oregon.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
If you load it before the boat is fully inflated will it go in easy? If you do not need to take it out on the river, I would just add some patch material where it rubs the raft. No wasted space side to side and it is far enough off the floor that sliding over a rock wont pinch the floor between the dry box and rock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts