Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got invited on a Selway selfsupport and have to rent a boat. My old Stohlquist dry bags are too far gone, so I am looking to quickly buy an adequate system. So
1) recommendations on boat (most previous SS was in Prijon Rockit (old).

2) any thoughts on dry bags?

thanks
keith
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Watershed drybags all the way, they are the best.

Just off it June and we needed the drybags off the water too since we saw a lot of rain. I would go with a modern creekboat or river runner unless you could get one of the newer expedition boats w/ a hatch for more gear. Love my Karma and Jackson outfitting is nice to be able to adjust on the fly for longer days in the seat.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Watershed bags are the best quality, but their available sizes are limited. The chattooga is the smallest and gives you a limited amount of flexibility for packing. Personally I use 2-3 watersheds, 2 nrs 6 liter tuff sacks and a variety of small sea to summit bags for items that are not as critical to keep completely dry. I would also pick up a couple of MSR dromedary bags for desert trips where the clean water available to filter is limited.

·
NWboater
102 Posts
+1 for watershed stow floats. My friends use them and love them.

I am too poor for such fancy equipment though. I use mainly ortlieb roll top dry bags in my kayak. I find that they are durable and stay dry.

As far as a kayak, I would recommend something without pillars.. maybe a prijon or an eskimo. Or you could remove pillar from any boat if needed.

Launching on selway in August. Maybe see you out there.

Mac Cooper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts