Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a drop bag for my NRS Otter 140. There is 13" from the top of my floor to the top of the frame and ruffly 43" inside the tubes. Although a staff member at NRS said there should be 45" inside the tubes. The drop bag will be used under a NRS campsite counter to hold gear, not to hold a cooler/dry box. Are the drop bags adjustable in depth by an inch or two? Right now I am looking at the DRE 44" x 18" x 9", and the AAA 44" x 19" x 11".

Thanks

·
Sponsoring Vendors
308 Posts
We like having the fabric depth at 9" and then using the straps to adjust down if needed. If you tend to put miscellaneous gear of varying weights and varying densities, the bottoms of the drop bags can sag a few inches or more. Don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would call Jason at Wet Dreams in Flagstaff. He will make what ever size your looking for with bomber material. He did mine with tapered sides to hug the tubes. It's really sweet!

·
Registered
36 Posts
ImageUploadedByMountain Buzz1421782617.024301.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but per request above, here is my NRS Otter 140 with a Tuff River Stuff drop bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'll have to measure when I get home. I don't remember the dimensions exactly but was custom built per dimensions I gave them. I made a rookie mistake though and didn't account for the floor raising when on water, so while I looks perfect in my garage floor, it does touch my floor when in the water. I'll see if I can get those dimensions later for you.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
49 Posts
View attachment 9246

Not the greatest picture, but per request above, here is my NRS Otter 140 with a Tuff River Stuff drop bag.
That's Great! Thank you so much for posting the picture! :D

I'll have to measure when I get home. I don't remember the dimensions exactly but was custom built per dimensions I gave them. I made a rookie mistake though and didn't account for the floor raising when on water, so while I looks perfect in my garage floor, it does touch my floor when in the water. I'll see if I can get those dimensions later for you.
If you order from our web site there is a place to enter your frame dimensions. We always call to chat with you, double check dimensions and make sure it's exactly what you want. We usually recommend 10-12" of drop and try to take into account floor lift from the water.

mts3212- I'll be curious to know how deep we sewed yours!

·
Registered
787 Posts
looks like our boats have the same measurements. That 14" deep bag doesn't touch your floor?
Yes it does touch the floor, but since there is a soft bag, it is hard not to have a bag touch the floor. The weight of the bag however rests on the frame. After three seasons with 60+ river days, I have not seen any wear on the floor in the area of the drop bag.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What size is the bag?

Mine is 40"x16"x10". It could easily be a few inches wider, I was being conservative. As TriBri1 reports, I also have no visible wear on the floor from it sitting on the floor, and I have comparable river days as him. If I were to do it over again if probably get a slightly shallower bag and use the straps to lower it if needed. That said, I have no intention of replacing it with another size, it doesn't seem to cause any harm.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts