Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going down the Wild Scenic Rogue at the end of this month for the first time. Is there any place to refill on drinking water on the trip?

Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Paradise Lodge will let you refill water. Rogue River Ranch at mule Creek says the water is currently unavailable. We went down the week before last

Sent from my HTC One using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
811 Posts
There is a spring on the right 100 yards or so below Rattlesnake Rock (AKA Sports Illustrated Rock). I have filled there for many years, You need to bring a short hose.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just pulled off the Rogue 2 days ago, and there is water at Paradise Lodge, but no longer at Rogue River Ranch.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
any reason you couldn't use a katadyn basecamp filter? that's what we do on the main salmon. Not sure if the rogue is too warm for drinking or too silty or whatnot.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Rogue is 34 miles. 2-3 frozen gallons in cooler and a couple more in a dry box or on the floor j.i.c. No reason to pump or hunt for water on such a short trip.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Rogue is 34 miles. 2-3 frozen gallons in cooler and a couple more in a dry box or on the floor j.i.c. No reason to pump or hunt for water on such a short trip.
I would have to agree with bucketboater. If you do find yourself in need you have a couple options. If you have a filter, iodine tablets (do people still use these?), or are one of those that drinks from a spring then there are numerous very clean streams. No need to filter water from the river as there are numerous streams. Rum Cr., Little Windy Cr., Kelsey Cr., Carrot Cr., Long Gulch and Tate Cr. are creeks that I have gotten water from. I usually treat or filter. I have drank from some of the smaller ones over the years but I don't think I would recommend it.

Paradise will let you get water. I suppose the folks at Marial might. I don't know the etiquette on that. You may also be able to find a spigot at Zane Grey's cabin area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts