Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whitewater gear companies are always rising and falling in America so what are my current options for a really dry sprayskirt? My Snapdragon skirt is leaking like crazy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Depends on what cockpit you're trying to fit it on. Each skirt will fit each boat differently, so there's really no set answer to your question.

If your bungee-rand SnapDragon isn't quite doing the trick, try a rubber rand skirt, like the IR Lucky Charm or Royale. I've got both in stock if you want to bring your boat down and see if its a better fit.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I went from a Mountain Surf Dur O Ring to the Lucky Charm and I am disappointed with how leaky it is. I have tried both on multiple models of kayaks. Unfortunately I don't think Mountain Surf is around anymore...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Skirtworks

The driest skirt you can buy is one that is built for your kayak. Get a Skirtworks Kevlar skirt cut for your boat with your unique set back. It will cost nothing additional. Just time for them to build it and best of all you got all winter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I miss Mountain Surf also, my new Snapdragon/Kokotat dry deck seems dry but I haven't paddled any big water yet. My buddy has a Level Six that keeps his Jackson Kayaks really dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Level Six

I forgot about Level Six. Their new skirts are awesome.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got myself an Immersion Research Royale at the beginning of last season and couldn't have been happier. It was a little on the pricier side, but works great on my Jefe. The inside of the rand has little flanges that look like they give the extra seal needed to keep water out. They also probably help the skirt fit a wide range of cockpit shapes. I would recommend!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I use the Bomber Gear K-Bomb on my Bazooka and star and I don't get a drop of water in either of my boats. I get off the river bone dry... unless I swim. I highly recommend it. I used to have a bungee style snap dragon and it was awful, it filled with water all the time and one of my buddies also uses snap dragon and hates it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Snap dragon, with rubber rand! that's right Snap dragon known for making some of the longest lasting skirts in the market are now building a rubber rand!

In the past I was never was very concerned about how dry my skirt was, always getting in and out of my boat to scout, lead to plenty of extra water sloshing around. My main concern was and still is will it stay on for big drops?

Picked up one of these Rubber rand Snap dragon skirts this spring, amazed by how dry it is, and it's not coming off from pressure, if anything it's a bit of a pain to put on in cold dry conditions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts