Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey buzzards,
I thought it would be interesting to start a forum where everyone shares their dream whitewater setup (kayak, raft, sup, whatever)! Ill start off with a Karma, Rockstar, Carbon Stikine paddle, the new Idol drysuit, green jacket, and sweet strutter.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Might be more fun to hear about the hodge podge gear most of us have had to put together in order to get started in this pricey sport. Not that I'm bitching... I'm pretty fond of my things n stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my gear selection...I guess I would like a slalom boat and a wildwater racer....maybe a SUPSQUATCH for some unusual fun.

·
Registered
592 Posts
My hodgepodge beginner set up was an old Protec helmet, Sierra Trading Post no name wetsuit, a 90* Harmony paddle, old teal Seals skirt, Lotus Nali PFD and a Perception Corsica Matrix.

If they made a 90 gallon Nomad, I would jump on that like a Karma on Uncle Rick. Everything thing else, kayak related, I am very pleased with.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think I should save everyone the pain of hearing about my set up... but I'll talk about my upgrade from a Dagger G-force to a Pyranha Burn. I bought it for Christmas, and since then it's been sitting in my living room. Most nights I sit in it before bed... then some mornings before work.

Super duper stoked! I think I'm going to feel a million times better on the water. I love my Dagger, but it's too small so it subs a lot and I definitely get pushed around in it... it's been good to me though, and taken me through some pretty good water. Thanks for everything, little Dagger, but I'm tired of my feet falling asleep.

We also have an old Prijon Alien, a cracked Karnali, a sweet H3, and an S6X (you could say we like Pyranha)

·
addict
744 Posts
My quiver:

Nomad 8.5
Green Boat
Project X 56
PS Composites Hellbender

I could use a second Nomad for destructive mank purposes. Or a Remix 79. Or even a Dagger Axiom to run shit and also play. The Zet Raptor looks pretty nice too. What I really need is a new drysuit and Greenjacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
What I really need is a new drysuit and Greenjacket.
Don't we all... I guess what I really want is a brand new GMER and Greenjacket every season, for the rest of my life...don't really need a new boat every season, but I wouldn't complain if a new Burn was included in there as well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I lucked out with my first set up , Mamba 8.0 in awesome condition, stohlquist Wedge - E pfd, Werner Desperado, some NRSI helmet, Snapdragon reinforced rand skirt, and a touring skirt for $350. Thanks craiglist. I have sold the Helmet for a SR TDUB and sold the paddle and got a Werner Powerhouse.

Dream Setup
Nomad 8.5/Flying Squirrel 95/Waka Tuna/Stomper 90/Jitsu 6.0/Mamba 8.1/8.6
carbon fiber werner straight shaft, 203 cm (a little longer than my current setup), green jacket, IR royale skirt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts