Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to see what everyone's thoughts are on what's the best down river boat for playing around in.
Ready. Go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
251 Posts
Depends on what kind of balance between downriver and play you are looking for. My choice is my 2011 Superstar, but I remember when I switched from the previous generation Superstar the 2011 didn't punch holes as easily as the previous. Great play though, and can get it down any class IV or lower run.

I don't paddle one, but I bet the Fun series is pretty high on the list of true play/river runner crossovers.

I also kinda like my old Prijon Kiatuna, I'm so heavy for it that its practically a squirt boat.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Down River Play

I like my 2013 JK Allstar. I owned a 2010 JK Fun series and that was a very fun boat to paddle. It was great for stalls, cartwheels, squirts, surfed well, ran rivers great, and still short enough to loop. But, for old school good times my composite Angst can't be beat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dagger Axiom 8.5 is an outstanding river running surfing carving fast boat. 2014 model JK Allstar is a great Playboat that does well downriver too. The two boats impart different experiences of fun on the river. I run in both of them, one at a time, but I spend more rivertime in the Axiom.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts