Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously? That's the best photo the buzz could come up with for a banner? A photo of a Salt Lake boater on a Cali run, taken by a boater who is moving to Farmington, NM? Not to mention that one of them has back hair to rival a silverback and only got into nursing cause he couldn't find any boating chicks, but the other one I hear is a professional Mormon 'floater'....

Finally the long predicted apocalypse has arrived to the Buzz.
Joe

·
Registered
846 Posts
Joe, I hear what you are saying. I mean the buzz' icon is some mo-mo-land dude that paddles a special boat that is designed to go too fast. I've only seen 'Rado boaters use those when they want and unfair advantage in the local afterwork impromptu race series on the backyard III+ (make that II+ this year!). Even though this new photo doesn't show the true colors too well, that guy is wearing a PURPLE full face. Fact!

And don't even get me started on the photog. All that cali glamour boating doesn't mean sh*t in this mank capital. I can't even get these guys to run eldo anymore! Oh well, at least its a kayaking photo (surprised it's not a panoramic of an oar surrounded by flatwater...).

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I kinda like the buzz spring spruce up. Nice to change it up a little to keep it fresh.

I don't know why everyone is moving away from the mank capital. There are at least 6 weeks of good water every year, and we are running gore at 550 now. What more could you want?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Whitewater... overrated. Flatwater, way too overplayed on this site. The buzz icon should encompass everything kayakers stand for; Exploration, risk, companionship, and the passion for rivers. I think this picture covers all of those.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Agreed that we need a serious change up. The photo screams clean rock and waterfalls into pools... definitely not the Rocky Mountains. If we want a picture that truly represents the classic whitewater of Colorado we should go with a Silverplume to Georgetown Clear Creek picture or maybe Rock Creek or Buzzard Creek.

On the plus side, at least it's not a raft or a SUP. That would be totally uncool.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Admins, can we please have the two gallery photos returned to the home/portal page? And maybe remove the banner ads off of every thread we read?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Alot of good points have been brought up. I think the most important is that we need the two photos up on the home page. Lets face it, that's the best part of the buzz......unless you still need info on westwater, front range traffic, or sodomy on inflatables.

·
Registered
846 Posts
smauk, you have that photo saved on your harddrive, don't you?

Most of you are missing the point of this thread. If you want to talk about changes for the admins, start a new thread. This is about how much of a good-looking man boater can TT be while wearing a purple helmet, being photographed by a murse?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I find the boater's facial features plenty attractive, but the incongruity of that tiny head inside a large helmet is distracting.

I too miss the photos on the front page. What will we argue about over the winter? The bent vs. straight shaft thing is getting played out already.

·
Registered
393 Posts
To all of you who have requested additional photos: please be patient as I intend to answer each of your private messages in due time. It's just a slow process to sort through the volume of fan mail I've been receiving. (Don't worry Slee, I'll even respond to your messages, regardless of how weird/creepy they are.)

It feels so good to be featured on Amerika's premiere site for fat rafters, cooler enthusiasts, and washed up has-beens from the Front Range. If I remember correctly, the illustrious GaryE was my predecessor in this position as Buzz cover boy. I only hope that my career trajectory doesn't follow Gary's (i.e. Buzz cover photo of some class 3 sandstone boof becomes pinnacle of kayaking achievement, slow decline includes convenient shoulder pain whenever there is enough water to cover the rocks).

I'm glad y'all are talking so much shit about Utah. While Utah will have no season this year the Colorado season will be about 15 minutes longer (unless you think Gore at 550 or Black Rock at <900 counts as kayaking (it doesn't)).

I'm sure the usual dedicated suspects will be joining me in BC, ID or the PNW. I might even invite Tom now that's he's finally generating some pageviews for the DoubleT brand. Perhaps we can use those BC trips to get some sick media; I have a feeling a cooler sponsorship is in my future now that I'm featured prominently in front of thousands of fat rafters who like to consume 11,000 calories per day as they float across class I.

Lastly, Buzz administrators: I don't think you've got the mailing address for my royalty checks. I'll have my agent ACC follow up with the necessary paperwork.

Peace.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Classic... clearly you've become quite the shuckster selling super expensive skis to ancient Romney fanatics with more money than brains in a desperate snow year. Well done sir.
Joe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why the complaints on rafts? whatever floats your boat should be cool man. One thing I know for sure is this woman is smoking. I could float for weeks on a raft with her, no problem...someone was one lucky individual to go on that trip.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Why the complaints on rafts? whatever floats your boat should be cool man. One thing I know for sure is this woman is smoking. I could float for weeks on a raft with her, no problem...someone was one lucky individual to go on that trip.
Bro Brah are you serious, rafting? how is that gonna get me sponsored? Where do I even attach a GoBro camera on a raft? can you brown claw while running pumphouse in a raft? I don' think so. I want to know how I can run the biggest drops that will get me attention. I feel like rafts are like throw ropes, I only bring one when they can help me out.

And to let you all see the true sickness of the drop, on the devils postpile. This run is packed full of plop and drop waterfalls.

and another plop and drop

·
Registered
84 Posts
BRO BRAH? WTF? OK little fucking punk. Maybe when you get a little more real world experience, ie. get older and a little more appreciative of more than just balls out (or till you get hurt and cant do it any longer, like some people I know very well.....), then you might appreciate more things in life. Cheers:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts