Registered
343 Posts
That was so damn funny.

Got to love the carn..

Carefull... some raft guides are pretty sensitive to those comments

·
Registered
69 Posts
this video is from clear creek. that one spot is called 50/50 falls. the name comes from the odds that you are going to make it through upright. not much you can do at some water levels. i hope that fat fuck didnt get back into the boat.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I like the guy around 2:43 still paddling while his body is outside the boat.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Clear Creek seems like a boney river to raft with custies.

So are people throwing ropes? Or are they just filming on the side watching fat custies get their shit kicked around? That poor girl was in there a pretty long time!

How many tailbones get brused and broken? ouch!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Excellent video!

The fat dude in spandex was classic. Made him look like a freaking walrus with legs. Man I loved it.

What rapid is that on clear creek?

rodda

·
Registered
834 Posts
how bout the chick that spills at 0.24 that gets grated over evry rock and misses foot entrapment 3 times trying to stand. bet she didnt take up rafting.
That girl was moonwalking down Clear Creek. I kept waiting for her foot to get caught and then... bloop! But no, it was a carnage teaser. The Cher sunglasses were key. She was all, "Ow!, like somebody... Ow!... help me... Ow!... wait for me... Ow!".

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I'm gonna get railroaded for this but I can't help it:

WTF is that fat chick doing on that trip to begin with? It's kind of sad that she could barely get out of the river let alone paddle or self-rescue and you see a nice big "Clear Creek Rafting Company" logo on the raft.

It's bimbos like her that make our sport look bad when she gets hurt/killed because the rafting company wants an extra buck. The press would be very quick to point out that she was grossly overweight, in poor physical fitness, and then they pounce on the rafting company for being negligent.

If you want to disagree, check out the threads this past summer when everyone wanted to hang the rafting companies after the high-water accident on the lower Eagle.

I know that I've opened the gates, but if someone's dumb enough to put it on YouTube, then I'll going to call hit how I see it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
talk about screening measures.
would it be considered gross negilgence if the office people said some of those fatties could go and something happened? and what about the guides? shouldnt we take more of the measures into our own hands and say ´no i dont want you on my boat´
when will companies draw the line between safety and making a buck¿?¿?¿?¿

·
Registered
69 Posts
talk about screening measures.
would it be considered gross negilgence if the office people said some of those fatties could go and something happened? and what about the guides? shouldnt we take more of the measures into our own hands and say ´no i dont want you on my boat´
when will companies draw the line between safety and making a buck¿?¿?¿?¿
guides should definatly decide whether or not they want someone in there boat. this footage is from the "advanced" section of clear creek. this woman could have easily been moved to an easier section. the company still gets the money and the odds of something bad happening are greatly reduced. some guides are afraid to confront the situation and would rather put someones life at risk. if the guide doesnt want to confront it, the trip leader or the head boatman must do it. fat people know they are fat. it isnt anything that they havent heard before. usually they appreciate the fact they are looking out for them. i have seen so many "unfit" people taken down sections of river that they have no business on. there is always another option. there isnt a rafting company out there that does not offer beginner trips.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Leave it to the buzz to turn an otherwise entertaining video into a lesson on "ethics" and "responsibility". Leave that shit in your support group where it belongs and let the guides enjoy their ass beatings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Leave it to the buzz to turn an otherwise entertaining video into a lesson on "ethics" and "responsibility". Leave that shit in your support group where it belongs and let the guides enjoy their ass beatings.
folks are just makin conversation douche bag. if we werent, what the fuck would you do with all your time? i am sure you are some fuckin rookie raft guide that thinks swimmin people is what its all about. have fun with that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts