Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm a newbie and i got an advanced elements advanced frame IK that i can throw in the trunk of my convertible ...what are the best places for me to try this think out at ...only experience i have is a few times out on the lake

one day i'll get a big boy kayak but for now this it

·
Registered
96 Posts
First suggestion: reintroduce yourself to a little bit of punctuation. Or even just a few more capital letters, really, if you don't want to get too crazy too quickly. Then tuck that bad boy inflatable into your adorable little car, crank the RPMs over the passes and drop in on the high and fluffy Colorado River at Grizzly Creek. Bring some beer in the IK, too: that really helps to motivate yourself to stay upright (be sure to hit all the waves sideways, if you were wondering). Float to Two Rivers if you need to hitch a ride back to your ride, or South Canyon if you've got a shuttle bunny in line. Only knocks up to class II rapids on that stretch, although the tubers and commercial trips on the weekends might make it a II+.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Golden Play Park you can learn in a relative safe enviroment and meet some new paddleing friends. Plus manuvering around the other inflatebles will give you all the skill you need to move up to big boy toys. Unless you can resist you will be hooked and in a hard shell by next year. Gonna be hard to find a rack for a convertable!
RandyP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First suggestion: reintroduce yourself to a little bit of punctuation. Or even just a few more capital letters, really, if you don't want to get too crazy too quickly. Then tuck that bad boy inflatable into your adorable little car, crank the RPMs over the passes and drop in on the high and fluffy Colorado River at Grizzly Creek. Bring some beer in the IK, too: that really helps to motivate yourself to stay upright (be sure to hit all the waves sideways, if you were wondering). Float to Two Rivers if you need to hitch a ride back to your ride, or South Canyon if you've got a shuttle bunny in line. Only knocks up to class II rapids on that stretch, although the tubers and commercial trips on the weekends might make it a II+.
sorry didn't realize this was a grammatically correct forum ... classic mustangs are adorable aren't they :rolleyes:
not sure if you trying to get me killed or your serious?

175 views to this thread and this is the only 1 reply? ...tough crowd here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Golden Play Park you can learn in a relative safe enviroment and meet some new paddleing friends. Plus manuvering around the other inflatebles will give you all the skill you need to move up to big boy toys. Unless you can resist you will be hooked and in a hard shell by next year. Gonna be hard to find a rack for a convertable!
RandyP
thanks ...i'll check that out
i know i want a hard shell but not sure what suits me best so i thought this IK would be nice to have to travel atleast ... i have a jeep for the hard shell i just like the mustang better guess i'll have to make a choice

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are a couple more options.

South Platte: C-470 to Union chutes. Nice flat section with a few fun drops.

South Platte Deckers

Boulder Creek town run

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
seriously, come to grizzly, bring
beer we won't be going next weekend due to my girlfreind wanting to do camping and fishing in the high country but pretty much any weekend we are out there. PM me when your coming up and we'll meet up

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Filter Plant on the Poudre felt just right for a first run. Not too easy and not too hard. You can tube it but we still swam a few times on it in our tandem ducky. Unfortunately the flows on the Poudre will probably remain too low until next spring.

·
Registered
668 Posts
If you don't mind paddling into the wind all day, Pumphouse is for you. If you want don't mind a bit longer drive, Grizzly is the better option IMO.

I have a convertible Mustang too, with a trailer for towing the raft. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts