Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Fuck vertical scope
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yep. A few years ago when one of the sock puppets was stirring shit I got a txt saying " You fucked up for the last time"

·
Fuck vertical scope
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Since riverjoe is questioning the reasons why people here are not into really awesome looking frames and that it is all drama. Here is a set of links or posts to help him see why most of us don't want to do business with the guy.

Since people are able to find out who this is, I just want to make sure that rafters can see some of the old troubles we have experienced. I don't doubt that when he does actually produce a frame that it is quality, but at what price?

1) This guy finally received his frame six months after this post.
(three years after ordering).

Most of these posts are from this thread...

Awalsten
Registered

Joined Jul 9, 2013
10 Posts
Discussion Starter • #1 Apr 20, 2016
Select for moderation

Reminding Buzz participants to not support "Pacific River Outfitters" in North Bend, Oregon. James still, After 3 years, owes me $3200 or a cataraft, frame, and dry box. He's opened PRO and I'm sure his unethical business practices will be the same as was Canyon Whitewater inflatables. I want to save other boaters the emotional and financial pain of what I went thru. I contact James every week and he fills my head with hope. No more. James will post responses under his many guises lying how I'm wrong. We've all seen it. And I don't care. Please feel free to supply forums I can post on to warn people.

SaveShare
Reply Quote
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

2) Four pages of warnings, broken promises and sock puppet accounts.

3) Another burned customer

Ole' J_____s, PRO, another one bit

I too have been bit by this guy, I know MB want's only those posting to talk about rivers and accesses and whatever. But to make it to the river you need a raft. I gave Pacific River Outfitters a substantial down payment for promise of Delivery this month (June). Not to be. I ordered an MH-13 package way back in October for an April delivery. J______s, had all the excuses in the world why he couldn't do it, said there were "vendor problems" among his "busy schedule" as well. I finally cancelled my order through Pacific River Outfitters.... S______y (I suspect wife or GF) said that they are processing paperwork and would get back to me........ (crickets)...... now when I call, no answer, no replies to e-mails, no nothing. Filed a complaint through the BBB and am looking at other legal recourse's. I paid PRO while in Afghanistan and now, no answers, so they could give a crap about veterans. Am considering legal action against JH and if anyone knows of anyone else screwed by this entity, I'm sure we combine our losses and get with an attorney to help set him straight (I know what the dude looks like). I will say, do not buy anything from Rivertech/Pacific River Outfitters, you will never get it. Changed business names numerous times over the years, due to people like us calling him out.

4) Another burned customer.

High-Side
Registered

Joined Jun 13, 2015
16 Posts
#38 Jun 9, 2016
Select for moderation

I totally got screwed by James Haworth a few years ago to the tune of about $5K. I am sorry for anyone else that he has as defrauded. I tried to post my original message last year as a public service announcement so others would not get ripped off by James. However, this was viewed as "venting" by MoutainBuzz and I was asked to please refrain from posting any negative comments on James and/or all the shell companies that he markets his frames under - Canyon Inflatables, Rouge Whitewater, Pacific River Outfitters, or Rivertech.

I wish I had known of MoutainBuzz to check the integrity of suppliers before I naively gave James a down-payment for the rafting package - boat, frame, boxes, coolers, oars.......

On a positive note, I found out about Timmy Luke at RecreTech and he totally dialed me in with a sweet frame. If your dropping a few thousand dollars on a frame please take the time and visit both Timmy and James (if your local) and there is no comparison. Timmy is legit and James is a fraud. Live and Learn.....moving on.....

5) Another rafter waiting for a frame for almost a year.

Rbtahoe
Registered

Joined Feb 6, 2016
14 Posts
#96 Jan 10, 2017
Select for moderation

Count Me In

Has anyone actually received their rig from Pacific River Outfitters/James Haworth? If so what is the consensus on quality? Because I too am feeling victimized.

Considering making the drive to have a little talk;) since supposedly my rig is complete (10 months in the works) but now can't get a hold of him...

Has anyone taken action or local who has actually visited the shop?

6) Update on litigation in Oregon (old but valid)

usmc95
Registered

Joined Feb 22, 2016
15 Posts
#120 Jan 14, 2017
Select for moderation

Litigation

If any of you are still out money from James Haworth, or know of anyone who is, contact the Oregon Attorney Generals Office as there is an active case against him and Pacific River Outfitters where he has ripped off numerous people. The Attorney Generals Office advised that he has stopped all communication with them and they are pursuing other avenues. Also contact the Coos County Sheriff's Office and North Bend Police Department and ask about the "Theft by Deception" statute. This guy has to be dealt with or he'll just morph into another fly by night company and change again. He is now operating under Rivertech and Entity, with no contact info of course. Again, I don't want to see anymore people ripped off by him and am not going to let it slide. If anyone needs any contact details, please feel free to contact me.

7) Another forum that plenty of people were ripped off apparently.

From that forum.
"""

Gilarobusta

Registered

Joined Mar 19, 2015
12 Posts
#9 Oct 14, 2015

Same news here. Even though my frame was supposedly done last year it was going to powdercoaters? It has been 602 days since he invoiced me... He must be to busy with his new business to worry about my deposit?

J. Mazzone

SaveShare

G
Gilarobusta
Registered

Joined Mar 19, 2015
12 Posts
#10 Oct 28, 2015

Still no word from Canyon... I have begun to think I've been robbed. Well in honesty that feeling has been lingering for almost 2 years now.

J. Mazzone"""

8) A guy who got lucky that he got his frame after 14 months and calling the Cops

Rbtahoe
Registered

Joined Feb 6, 2016
14 Posts
#178 Jan 25, 2018
Select for moderation

Ol' James

Well I have to say I was one of the lucky ones. After a couple calls to the local PD James finally delivered (in a UHaul in a gas station parking lot...) after over 14 months of weekly emails and calls! I must say the frame is quality work for the most part but the savings were not worth the headaches. A couple months ago the state A.G. called me a couple times for a statement - sounds like he had a stack of unfulfilled orders and that the state was going after him. If you are still high and dry I'd suggest calling the AG and joining the list. I am still undecided if he is actually a crook or just the worlds worst businessman.

When I picked up (last March or May) he said we were his last delivery and he was only making frames for shops...whatever that is worth!

Good Luck everyone -

·
Registered
889 Posts
Yep. A few years ago when one of the sock puppets was stirring shit I got a txt saying " You fucked up for the last time"
That goes way beyond douchbagery and unfulfilled contracts. This is actually scary to me.

I've been calling him out lately, and when he made some comment about anonymous posts I almost posted my details to remove my anonymity... but now I'm glad I didn't.

If he really sent you that I think you should report it to whatever law enforcement agency is relevant (I live in Canada and I don't know).

I knew some of the history to this guy but also trusted long standing members to form part of my opinion. But digging into some of the details here... wow... it goes so much farther than I thought.

·
Shapp
1,871 Posts
Not that I am defending the actual James Haworth involved with "Canyon Inflatables", "Whitewater Fabrication", "Entity", "Rivertech Boats", etc., but this post is so egregious that it brought me out of Mt Buzz retirement. First off have some respect for the dead. Secondly, the James Haworth everyone is referring to in this thread has a registered middle initial as "A" for "Alan" on all of the various failed business license documentation with the State of Oregon on file on the web. Third, the last name of Haworth is very common in the Coos Bay, Oregon area as some of the first pioneer settlers in that area were of the Haworth family. I encourage the mods to delete this bullshit incase actual family members of James Edward Haworth stumble into the Mt Buzz. Mt Buzz is dead, let it die a peaceful death.
Carry on into the muck if you must. Back to retirement.

Hey folks, you might want to get in line to file claims against his estate.
Looks like he "might have" died March 28th, 5 days ago.
I say "might", if it is closed casket, who knows..

·
Registered
889 Posts
Not that I am defending the actual James Haworth involved with "Canyon Inflatables", "Whitewater Fabrication", "Entity", "Rivertech Boats", etc., but this post is so egregious that it brought me out of Mt Buzz retirement. First off have some respect for the dead. Secondly, the James Haworth everyone is referring to in this thread has a registered middle initial as "A" for "Alan" on all of the various failed business license documentation with the State of Oregon on file on the web. Third, the last name of Haworth is very common in the Coos Bay, Oregon area as some of the first pioneer settlers in that area were of the Haworth family. I encourage the mods to delete this bullshit incase actual family members of James Edward Haworth stumble into the Mt Buzz. Mt Buzz is dead, let it die a peaceful death.
Carry on into the muck if you must. Back to retirement.
Wait... we shouldn't call someone out by their name because someone else might have the same name?

I'm at a loss here.

If this person can start up accounts and flame the same shit and not get banned, what else can we do but document the shit we know?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts