Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on line that 14ft boats can run dolores @ 800cfs does any one have any thoughts as to wether or not it will be uo this weekend it seems to be close now. If not im looking for a class III overnight within 8 hrs of denver for this week end.any sugg?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Slickrock

The flow through Slickrock Canyon is is gauged around Bedrock, Co. I've been watching the flow there and it is still only 100 cfs. You may be looking at the flow near Dewey bridge which I think is around 700 cfs. The Gateway section is almost there, but Slickrock is far from it yet. And, I think around 800 cfs on either run you'd be ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check the McPhee Dam

I thought the Dolores flow in this section was controlled by releases from the McPhee Dam which means that they could jack it up to boatable flows at any time. They have a release plan online, but its kind of hard to make sense of:

Dolores Water Conservancy District

You could call them and find out what the plan is for this weekend in terms of releases from the dam. They claim to try and provide boatable flows on certain spring weekends. I was considering this trip for 2 weekends from now, and that was my plan.

Also, if you ever need someone to go boating with, let me know! My girlfriend and I have a 12.5 foot raft and are always looking for overnighters to go on.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I thought the Dolores flow in this section was controlled by releases from the McPhee Dam which means that they could jack it up to boatable flows at any time. They have a release plan online, but its kind of hard to make sense of:

Dolores Water Conservancy District
I'm afraid that means that the scheduled releases out of the bottom of McPhee are going to top out at 68 cfs in the month of June. If I'm reading this right, the orange numbers in the 'Downstream' column is the daily planned flows. Looks like low snowpack = no boatable releases.:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts