Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each summer I put together an easy raft trip / beer cruise so that I can get some of my non-boating friends from around the country to get out to Colorado on a river. I would like to replace the usual Ruby/Horsethief trip and have decided to look into the Dolores from either Slickrock or Gypsum Valley to Bedrock. From Colorado Rivers and Creeks it looks like it should be a little faster but nothing that a few land lubbers shouldn't be able to handle. Anyway I've been searching the net and everything I've found for that section of river so far is guided trips. Does anyone know of any companies out that way that outfit and have a shuttle service for that section of river? Also everything I've read also states that it should be runnable from April til mid June, unfortunately Early June is my only option, am I going to run into low water or is the snowpack out there doing ok, also how's the dam situation? Thanks for any info..
Chad

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Unless you are launching below the confluence with the san Miguel, you are relying on very stingy people to let water out of Mc Phee res. It is way down. The snow down there is good, but verdict is not in yet as to whether the release will happen.

If anyone knows different, please speak up.

You could run from gateway to dewy bridge, but there is at least one class 4 as well as some old wiers.

Rim Rock out of Fruita may rent you gear for that stretch. Not sure about shuttle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts