Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me when the class II/III run from slickrock to bedrock is flowing, or any other info? The books make it sound like a prime over-nighter, with good climbing potential, but I never see it run.

Thanks - S

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
untill mcphee fills and spills, that run won't. The only hope for flow in the immediate future is on the Gateway stretch. The San Miguel runs into that and will provide a brief window of adequet flow. It was running at 1200 recently but is back down to 700 or so. I plan to float this stretch in the next couple of weeks if it comes back up. Not sure about the climbing, but I'm sure ther's some. There are some neat side canyon hikes.

PLEASE NOTE: this was posted in '04

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dolores is beautiful

Can anyone tell me when the class II/III run from slickrock to bedrock is flowing, or any other info? The books make it sound like a prime over-nighter, with good climbing potential, but I never see it run.

Thanks - S
It is flowing around 1100-1300 now. Oh yes, the Dolores is all that and more. Watch the weather for winds because this time of year it can BAD. Put in at Gypsum Valley rec site to shave off 20 miles and get right into the good stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts