Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving to go do the Carbarton and am wondering if I should take my pooch? First off, are dogs allowed or is this protected watershed. Also, he's been down a few rivers and swims strong with his life jacket, would it be a death wish for him?

Any beta would rule,

Troy in Salt Lake

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yah... I've seen it many times before. I don't know of any regulations that prohibit this. Go ahead, the dog will be fine as long as it has a pfd.

Have fun

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only rapids I think would have a good shot at flipping a raft are short. Francois and Howard's Plunge both looked like they could flip a raft if you hit them wrong. Francois has some big waves after it, but Howard's is basically only one big hit then flatwater. Would your dog be ok after a flip in those conditions? If so, I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I didn't want to drive up there and realize that I would have to stare at the river with my dog on a leash. Salt Lake City is hardcore about their watershed thus banning all dogs in the main canyons. It's definately understandable considering the amount of dogs that would be up there if the law allowed.

Thanks for the advice,

Troy

·
Registered
258 Posts
Troy, take your dog. We've run it many many times with our Fox Terrier. Don't know what Francois is, but Howards shouldn't be an issue unless you have low flows. Our dog loves it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts