Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group of us paddling Gore today (Sat) Had an unfortunate incident with a dog. No one was quite sure where he came from but he essentially pursued us into the canyon from the put in area. He was quite uncontrollable and just kept running and swimming after us. I won't go into all the details concerning our attempts to discourage him, but we tried. Long story short, he ended up in the canyon with us and shortly after Gore rapid, was nowhere to be seen. This whole thing was a bummer for all of us and I'm really concerned as to what happened to him. If you saw or dealt with this dog (some kind of pointer), please post here with details. If you're the owner, I will get back to you with more info. Please no preaching or second guessing on how we might have handled this differently. It was a difficult situation and we all felt bad about it

·
Registered
389 Posts
Don't feel too bad about the dog. It's tough and there's not much you could have done. I don't think it was worth quitting your trip.

The person here at fault is the dog owner. Not only was he not controlling his dog, but he can't do a good job taking care of his dog if his dog runs after someone else.

Also, it's just a dog. It's a tough world out there--dogs have some things good and some things not so good. Just like wild animals, they aren't all meant to live to a ripe old age.

The only thing that give me pause is what if it was a kayakers dog that got loose from the put in and was following you down river trying to find its owner. Tough situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw the dog as well he surfaced at the take out, he was brown with a bit of white on his head, right? Someone came down in a raft and he as with the guy, I do not know if it was the owner or someone just helping him out! The dog was fine, so no need to worry. I would on the other hand worry about the owner, what a .....!

Take responsibility for your animal-

Take care-

first time on Gore, it was unreal!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am pretty sure I saw ths pooch also, but a little later in the day. There was a Vietnamese family having a barbeque at the takeout. They were whooping it up. It got a little weird though. They all started singing:

"Ain't gonna eat no tofu. No, we ain't goona eat no tofu. Ain't gonna eat no tofu, cuz' fido is in the mushu.

Yum yum, dog gone. Won't be hungry for long. Gimme canine stirfry any ol' time, save me a paw, tastes just fine."

That's when I left. All that food talk made me hungry for a hot dog.

woof.

dvc

·
Registered
91 Posts
dvc said:
I am pretty sure I saw ths pooch also, but a little later in the day. There was a Vietnamese family having a barbeque at the takeout. They were whooping it up. It got a little weird though. They all started singing:

"Ain't gonna eat no tofu. No, we ain't goona eat no tofu. Ain't gonna eat no tofu, cuz' fido is in the mushu.

Yum yum, dog gone. Won't be hungry for long. Gimme canine stirfry any ol' time, save me a paw, tastes just fine."

That's when I left. All that food talk made me hungry for a hot dog.

woof.

dvc
that's just wrong

·
Registered
480 Posts
LOL :lol: Even though it's not politically correct.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts