Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a thread or two last year on boating with dogs. Here are a couple pix from a recent North Platte trip, Six Mile Gap to Treasure Island. Not sure Northgate Canyon at high water is a good run for the average dog— if they fell off they could go a long way downstream, pretty damn quick.

P6190094.jpg

Ruby loves floating and has staked her claim on the D-deck. She stands up to watch critters and for the splashy rapids, but mostly flops down or even snoozes: trust.

P6180002.jpg

This shows her in full river gear, with the decking material (chicken brooder floor grid, from TekSupply.com). I edged it with foam pipe insulation to give her better footing.

I rigged gear (tent bag, rigging bag, etc.) underneath to support the center, and attached it with five 1-ft. straps. Easy to take off and access the stuff beneath. The plastic grid stuff also makes a great tent threshhold or shower floor in camp. For more poop, search the Games with Frames thread from last year.

Got any cool river-dog pix? (Like Wilson hunkering down?)

cheers,
Chip

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't have any pictures of them on the boat...because it is brandy new. I like the idea of the kennel stuff, ordered some up and should have it set to go for memorial day.
My two yellows have got their vests ready and are stoked!

·
Registered
676 Posts
i made a platform for our dog to lounge on. she doesn't mind it. if i can find a picture, i'll insert it sometime. i took some 3/8" plywood that i got at a yard sale, cut it down to size, cut in some holes for NRS straps, sanded the cut edges to minimize splinter possibilities, and strapped it to the back of the boat.

i use this on overnighters where we have stuff in the back of the boat and under the rower's seat - drybox, chairs, trash, extra drybags, tables, etc. the platform rests on this stuff. on the last couple of trips we did last year, i strapped one of the pacos on top of the plywood for an even comfier bed for her. nothing fancy but very functional made out of a piece of plywood i had on hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts